How do Photosynthesis and Respiration work together?
- Photosynthesis and respiration work together in many ways. They both have to exist in symbiosis. Without photosynthesis, cellular respiration cannot occur, and without cellular respiration, photosynthesis cannot occur.
- The plant needs both photosynthesis and respiration to survive. Photosynthesis makes a storable energy source, while respiration converts for individual cells. But because of photosynthesis and cellular respiration, energy from the sun is converted into a ATP that fuels the work of plant cells.
- Photosynthesis and respiration are both things that depend on each other. They both make what the other needs.
- Photosynthesis uses water and carbon dioxide, and it makes glucose and oxygen.Respiration uses glucose and oxygen, and it makes water and carbon dioxide.
- Photosynthesis builds the sugars that respiration breaks down. In breaking down the sugars, respiration makes the smaller molecules that photosynthesis uses to build more sugars.